Friday, February 11, 2011

Some research, many questions

I'm still doing due diligence but already I do have some concerns about the mom-to-college-student advice Web site. I found a few Web sites that offer advice to college students - either from other young people or from more of what looked like a health center type of organization. None of the sites I've found seem wildly successful or very appealing _ and maybe that means there's a wide-open market, or maybe it means it's a limited concept that can't really get traction. The questions overwhelmingly seem to be about sex and dating, and while that's fine I'm not sure I'm interested in exclusively dispensing that sort of advice. I mean there are more both existential and practical considerations to tackle as well as the fun and tawdry and pathetic. I'm going to do a little more research on this, and I'd really appreciate everyone's feedback. But ultimately, I'm not sure this is what I'm going to put together a business plan to do. Hope to write more on this tonight.... but I'm still at work, and already late for my kid's Valentine's dance, and it's been a ridiculously busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment